Advantages of Vetenary Clinic Cameras
Cameras are beneficial in your practice for a number of reasons
It can be difficult to explain to your staff as to why cameras were installed in your clinic.
First and foremost, you can tell them that it is your business. Also, if they are not stealing from you, wasting time at work, (texting, playing games, talking on the phone) then they should have nothing to worry about.
You may also want to point out that the surveillance system was also installed to protect them and protect the patient. Cameras will record any theft by patients, prevent false accusations of abuse, capture any rude patients to the staff and more.
Your Clinic is a target.
Studies show robberies and crimes are rarely random, and veterinary clinics often have what criminals want, drugs and money!
What factors put a Vet clinic at risk?
- Money is exchanged with the public.
- Employees work alone or in small numbers.
- Business has late-night or early-morning hours.
- The business is located in a high-crime area.
- The business is located in a remote area.
- On-duty employees “guard” valuable property or possessions, such as controlled drugs.
Protect your business against:
- Internal theft
- Client conflict
What if a parking light could do more than just cast light?
Use our iLUX Smart Lights to monitor corals, stock yards and lots from your smart phone.
Now you can light up what you want to protect and record all activity. With the iLUX Smart Security system you are also send SMS and emails to security personnel when incidents happen … not when you watch the recording hours or days later.
You can even install the unit at a clients site to monitor animals in distress from anywhere. You can be in 2 places at once.
The advantages of video surveillance includes:
- Patient protection of confidential records.
- Conflict resolution.
- After hours staff protection.
- Theft prevention by staff.
- Inventory protection.
- Clinic lawsuit protection.
- Access control.
A discrete surveillance implementation has several advantages:
- The cameras do not disrupt the design flow of the space.
- The cameras are small, design sensitive.
- Staff and clients are not disturbed by an obvious camera.
Sometimes overt cameras are advantageous for the following reasons:
- Overt cameras act as a deterrent to criminal activities.
- The use of overt cameras in high risk areas, drug storage and parking lots acts as a deterrent.
- Overt implementations may be required because of building structure and placement.
Functions Meets StyleYour cameras don't have to affect your style.
Protection with Style
Cameras do not have to make your clinic look like a border crossing
Part of a quality surveillance / security system is to make it invisible and very functional.
With the HaloMount, a sensor module can be integrated in an installation mount. The mounts are available in five colors:
- Matt chrome
- Brushed nickel
Flexible setting of inner ring, sensor module can be tilted up to 20°.
What to expect from a high quality HD system
A high quality HD surveillance solution should provide:
- Covert and overt options
- High quality images for identification – 6 mega pixel
- A large fields of view so to limit the total number of cameras
- An audio option to clarify events related interactions
- Long term storage and easy event retrieval
- A quality messaging and communications option.